* श्री गणेशाय नम:
SHIV RATRI : शिवरात्रि भगवान शिव का सबसे पवित्र दिन है। इस दिन शिवभक्त उपवास रखते हैं और शिव मंदिरों में जाकर शिवलिंग पर बेल-पत्र आदि चढ़ाते तथा रात्रि को जागरण करते हैं।
• भक्त लोग शिवालय मे रुद्राभिषेक, रुद्र महायज्ञ, रुद्र अष्टाध्यायी का पाठ, हवन, पूजन तथा बहुत प्रकार की अर्पण-अर्चना करते हैं ! अगर पास में शिवालय न हो, तो शुद्ध गीली मिट्टी से ही शिवलिंग बनाकर उसे पूजने का विधान है।
• वैसे तो शिवरात्रि हर महीने में आती है परंतु फाल्गुन कृष्ण चतुर्दशी को ही महाशिवरात्रि कहा गया है ! ज्योतिषीय गणना के अनुसार सूर्य देव भी इस समय तक उत्तरायण में आ चुके होते हैं तथा ऋतु परिवर्तन का यह समय अत्यन्त शुभ कहा गया है।
शिवरात्रि से आशय शिवरात्रि वह रात्रि है जिसका शिवतत्व से घनिष्ठ संबंध है।भगवान शिवकी अतिप्रिय रात्रि को शिव रात्रि कहा जाता है।
• शिव पुराण के ईशान संहिता में बताया गया है कि फाल्गुन कृष्ण चतुर्दशी की रात्रि में आदि देव भगवान शिव करोडों सूर्यों के समान प्रभाव वाले लिंग रूप में प्रकट हुए-
” फाल्गुन कृष्णचतुर्दश्यामादिदेवो महानिशि।
• शिवज्योतिष शास्त्र के अनुसार फाल्गुन कृष्ण चतुर्दशी तिथि में चन्द्रमा सूर्य के समीप होताहै। अत: इसी समय जीवनरूपी चन्द्रमाका शिवरूपी सूर्यके साथ योग मिलन होता है। अत: इस चतुर्दशी को शिवपूजा करने से जीव को अभीष्ट फल की प्राप्ति होती है। यही शिवरात्रि का महत्व है !
SHIVARATRI IN 2016 :
This festival falls on the 7th March (Monday) in 2016. Maha Shivratri (known as “The Night of Shiva”) is a Hindu festival celebrated annually in reverence of Lord Shiva.
• On this auspicious day devotees glorify, honor and worship Lord Shiva with sanctifying rituals throughout the night. For devotees of Shiva, this day is the most propitious day of the year as it is believed that whoever worships him with true devotion is freed of all sins and is blessed with Nirvana or Moksha (liberation from the eternal cycle of life and death).
• As per the Vedas, the Universal Spiritual energy generated by favorable planetary positions is at its peak during Maha Shivratri and the prayers offered to the Supreme Lord on this night of Mahashivaratri has a profound impact on His devotees.
SIGNIFICANCE : There are so many significances. Some of them are as follows :
1. As per Vedic scriptures, it is on the day of Maha Shivratri; Lord Shiva revealed His Lingam form. Hence devotees perform the Rudra Abhishekam at midnight of Maha Shivaratri to worship the formless Sadashiv and pay their tribute.
2. Shiva and Parvati got married on the day of Mahashivratri and due to the ‘Maya power’ of Parvati-Shiv was transformed from a “Nirgun Brahm” to a “Sagun Brahm”.
3. It is believed that Maa Parvati followed strict penance for Lord Shiva. According to the legend of “Samundra Manthan” Shiva saved the whole world and humanity by consuming the poison(Halahal), which emerged as a by product from the churning of Kshir Sagar (a sea of very sacred water).
With his immense Yogic powers, he was able to stop and disaffect the poison in his throat. The effect of the poison was such that it turned his throat blue and he became known as Neelkantha, the Blue Throated.
4. It is on this night that Shiva performed the Tandava, the dance of primordial creation, preservation and destruction.
5. Significance of Maha Shivratri for Women : Maha Shivratri is deemed to be auspicious for women. On this night married women pray for the well-being of their husbands and sons. Unmarried women pray for an ideal husband, just like Shiva, the husband of Parvati. However anyone who sincerely utters the name of Shiva or does his mantra japa during Shivratri is granted Moksha.
6. Rituals on Maha Shivratri :
The rituals constitutes of the traditional Shivalinga worship. As per tradition, devotees wake up early in the morning and take a ritualistic bath (bathing in holy rivers like Ganga is considered highly auspicious on this day). They then offer prayers to Lord Surya, Lord Vishnu and Shiva as a part of a purification rite observed on all-important Hindu festivals. After wearing clean or new clothes the followers visit their nearest Shiva Temple to give the Shivalinga or Lingam its customary bath.
12 SHIVLINGS :
There are 12 Jyotirlingas and all of them are very sacred.
1.Somnath – Gujarat
2.Mallikarjuna – Andhra Pradesh
3.Mahakaleshwar – Madhya Pradesh
4.Omkareshwar – Madhya Pradesh
5.Kedarnath – Uttarakhand
6.Bhimashankar – Maharashtra
7.Triyambkeshwar – Maharashtra
8.Baidhyanath – Bihar
9.Kashi Vishwanath – Uttar Pradesh
10.Rameshwaram – Tamil Nadu
11.Nageshvar – Gujarat
12.Grineshwar – Maharashtra
ॐ त्र्यम्बकं यजामहे सुगन्धिंम् पुष्टिवर्धनम् ।
उर्वारुकमिव बन्धनान् मृत्योर्मुक्षीय माऽमृतात् !!
PARAD SHIVLING :
Parad Shivling made from purest Mercury (Parad). Parad is considered as the most pure and auspicious metal. It is used for sadhna and if one concentrate on it and use it for worship most of his desires be fulfilled.
IMPORTANCE OF PARAD SHIVLING :
Parad Shivling when worshipped with proper procedure, belief, and enthusiasm helps human beings physically, spiritually, and psychologically. Also protects people from natural calamities, disaster, external evil effects. Some of the reference in the ancient texts of Ayurveda and mythological origins which justifies these belief are as follows:
It is stated and believed in various texts that if a mercury Shivling is placed and worshipped in a house, society, or a temple. It is considered that it leads to prosperity, positive strength, and also considered that goddess Lakshmi resides at that place for generations to generation. Also a person is relieved of physical ,spiritual, psychological disorders.
‘Rasmartand’ (a hindu religious text) explains :
The holiness, auspiciousness acquired by the sight and worship of purified Parad Shivling is crore times than that of lakh of other Shivlingas. As just the sight of Parad Shivling neutralises an individual from dreadfull sins like thousands of Brahmahatya, Cow Slaughter and on touching Parad Shivling person is completely relieved of all these sins as quoted by Lord Shiva himself.
‘BRAHM PURAN’ states that the people of all the 4 categories according to Hindu Religion (Namely Brahmin, Kshatriya, Vaishya, Shudras) and even females can worship and attain blessings of Parad Shivling.
‘BRAHMA VAIVARTA’ PURAN STATES :
It states that till the time there is existence of moon and the sun in the universe, till that time a person who worships Parad Shivling gets all its benefits in the form of wealth, prosperity, success, honour, respect,offsprings, intelligencewhich leads to the completion of satisfactory lifespan and attain moksha.
•—-> Thus it is clear that out of all the Shivling made of different materials and pilgrimage sites, one made of purified Para (Mercury) is
SPECIAL MEDITATION PERFOMED ON SHIVRATRI NIGHT :
• One must chant and perform the meditation of ‘OM’ sounds in a peaceful place.
• Chant the om sound followed by inhale and exhale process.
• Concentrate your mind exactly at the mid of your forehead.
• Do it as long as your mind reached to a great relaxation. Performing on daily basis, soon you’ll feel that you’re getting closer to God.
• This will provide you a lot of benefit. Every people feels different gains and hence it can’t be defined in words.
HOW ONE CAN ATTAIN THE DEVOTION OF GOD ?
Overall, there are lots of rituals given in scriptures, explained by some religious pandits or gurus. Many people are not able to worship the God the way as mentioned in scriptures, they don’t need to worry. Yes, It is because, the ‘devotion of God’ can
only be find through the complete surrender to God. You don’t need worship in any special way.
कहहु भगति पथ कवन प्रयासा !
जोग न मख जप तप उपवासा !!
सरल सुभाव न मन कुटिलाई !
जथा लाभ संतोष सदाई !!
You can also find this in Ramayana, when Lord Ram teaches Sabari, the “Nine Devotions”. (You can find it on our blog contents too under ‘Devotional’ category)
• One shouldn’t have the desire to attain SALVATION (MUKTI), this is because :
अस बिचारि हरि भगत सयाने।
मुक्ति निरादर भगति लुभाने॥
राम भजन सोई मुकुति गोसाई !
अनइच्छित आवहि वरियाई !!
• Offer the God whatever you have
• Chant the God Name or mantras
• Surrender to God,
• Never forget the God,
• Be satisfied on whatever you have,
• Never hurt anyone (even in dreams too)
” मन क्रम बचन छाड़ि चतुराई !
भजत कृपा करिहहिं रघुराई !! ”
This is what we called as ‘MANSIK POOJA’.
We hope you enjoying reading and if you like it, share and comment.
Thanking you !!