In the Memory of a Legend:
Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam ( 15 October 1931 – 27 July 2015) was the 11th President of India from 2002 to 2007. Dr. Kalam was born and raised in Rameshwaram, Tamil Nadu and studied physics and aerospace engineering. He spent the next four decades as a scientist and science administrator, mainly at the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and was intimately involved in India’s civilian space program and military missile development efforts .He has worked under a legendary space scientist, Vikram Ambalal Sarabhai (father of India’s space programme). He later became the project director in 1969 of India’s first indigenous Satellite Launch Vehicle, SLV-III.
He thus came to be known as the Missile Man of India for his work on the development of ballistic missile and launch vehicle technology. He also played a pivotal organizational, technical and political role in India’s Pokhran-II nuclear tests in 1998, the first since the original nuclear test by India in 1974.
Kalam was elected President of India in 2002 with the support of both the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party and the opposition Indian National Congress . After serving a term of five years, he returned to his civilian life of education, writing and public service. He was a great man who has been awareded with the awards like Bharat Ratna (in 1997), Padma Vibhushan (in 1990), Padma Bhushan (in 1981), Indira Gandhi Award for National Integration (in 1997), Ramanujan Award (in 2000), King Charles II Medal (in 2007), International von Karman Wings Award (in 2009), Hoover Medal (in 2009), etc.
INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES FROM DR. APJ KALAM
He often spoke to children and the country’s youth — inspiring them to think big in life; he also penned a number of books. Here are some of his most inspiring quotes:
- Don’t take rest after your first victory because if you fail in second, more lips are waiting to say that your first victory was just luck.
- Dream, dream, dream. Dreams transform into thoughts and thoughts result in action.
- To Succeed in your mission, you must have single-minded devotion to your goal.
- If you fail, never give up because FAIL means ‘First Attempt In Learning’.
- Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.
- All of us do not have equal talent. But , all of us have an equal opportunity to develop our talents.
- Education is the most powerful weapon that you can use to change the world.
Abdul Kalam was really a true legend for the youngsters of the country. He has inspired the new generation of the country through his whole life, career, workings and writings. He still lives in the heart of millions of indian people as the People’s President and Missile Man.
Regards: Innocent Articles, This is my first post on my blog and i’m dedicating this blog post to this legend.